Tips, Tricks and FYIs from a Nutrition Guru

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Personalized Recipe Books

I love trying new recipes whether it's borrowing one from a friend, trying out one that I saw on Food Network or just stumbling across one online I'm constantly trying something.  The problem is that months later, when I want to recreate that meal, I can't ever seem to find the recipe.  So, I purchased a personalized recipe book (I found mine in the journal section of Barnes and Noble) and I have gotten into the habit of handwriting all of my favorite, use again recipes on the index cards. 


In order for this to work you have to do it right away or you will forget and that recipe will just get lost.  Today I made my favorite pancake recipe and wanted to make sure that I didn't have to spend another 15 minutes some day down the road searching for the recipe.  So, while my pancakes were cooling, I jotted down the recipe on an index card and filled it away in my own personal book. 



These books are great tools to declutter your kitchen and make great gift ideas. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I was planning on making our personalized recipe book using shutterfly or another similar service but I might need to check out Barnes and Noble first!

    ReplyDelete