Tips, Tricks and FYIs from a Nutrition Guru

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Add some fruit to your water!

With all the heat that we've had this summer I'm constantly thirsty.  I've always been a big water drinker but lately I've been wanting a little bit of something "extra" flavor-wise in my beverages.  So, I took a cue from my gym and started filling a pitcher with water and adding some sliced up citrus (limes are my favorite but oranges, lemons or even cucumbers work too) before putting it in my refrigerator. 
This way I always have a refreshing, no calorie beverage that is easily accessible.  I love it!  You can also freeze the fruit cubes in either an ice cub try or just place the pieces of fruit in a freezer bag and use the frozen pieces as your ice cubes.  Yummy, and it's way lower in calories than juice or soda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment