Tips, Tricks and FYIs from a Nutrition Guru

Friday, May 25, 2012

Tip: Try Ground Chicken

So I finally tried cooking with ground chicken for the first time the other day and it was AMAZING!  I use ground turkey all of the time but had never experimented with ground chicken.  I made my usual taco recipe but instead of using ground beef or turkey I subbed in the chicken.  It was a little harder to cook, the pieces tended to clump together a little more and the white color was a bit suspicious but it tasted great!  Even my picky husband who always turns up his nose at my "healthy" alternatives loved it.  He sent me a text the following day to thank me for the leftovers!  In my opinion the meat seemed to absorb the seasoning better than beef or turkey would.  It was extremely flavorful and I will be using this ingredient again soon in another one of my standby recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment