Tips, Tricks and FYIs from a Nutrition Guru

Monday, January 23, 2012

Post-Workout Smoothie

Sometimes I think that my favorite part of my workout is my post-sweat smoothie!  I always make this when I get home from the gym because it's a great way to get in some protein, one whole fruit serving and to replenish my electrolytes.  It's also a really simple recipe.  Here's everything you need:

*If you don't have the individual smoothie blender a regular blender or food processor works just as well.  However, if you are a smoothie drinker I would encourage one of these things.  It's so easy to just through everything into the cup, blend it up and it's ready to drink with minimal mess left behind.   

Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie 

1 Banana
1 Scoop (about 2 TBSP) Trans-Fat free Natural Peanut Butter (I use Smart Balance)
Coconut Milk (about 3/4 cup; I love this stuff, it has a much longer shelf life than cows milk)
Ice

I don't really measure anything, I just throw it all in the blender until it reaches the desired consistency.  You can also add in some spinach or kale to increase your nutrient content if you have some on hand. 

Ta da!  Now you have a tasty post-workout snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment